House of Esther Organization
The House of Esther Organization (HOEO) is a private, non-profit organization founded by Dr. B. Courtney McBath and Rev. Janeen L. McBath in 2001 and was established October 22, 2002. HOEO leads teenage girls, single moms and young adults from an obscured dark place to a glowing place of truth and purpose with educational and life skills training. Join us as we journey the road of CHANGE... one life at a time.
In 2013, HOEO opened their doors at 449 in to serve single parent moms ages 18-25 with one child in a year program which will help them:
- Find employment
- Obtain permanent residency
- Providing daycare for their children during their work hours
- Providing workshops and therapy to engage them into a well rounded lifestyle. The homelessness of single moms is yet another epidemic that is plaguing our communities.
City Center Educational Campus
HOEO has expanded to reach males and females ages 16-25 in the surrounding Norfolk Community. The City Center assist the young women and men pursuing:
- General Equivalency Diploma
- Life skills training: Financial Management, Career Planning, Vocational, Culinary Arts and Performing Arts Training
- Providing daycare for their child during their class sessions
- Providing workshops and therapy to engage them into a well rounded lifestyle.
Visit House of Esther Organization website or call (757) 353-8328 for more information.