B. Courtney McBath Scholarship Fund
The B. Courtney McBath Scholarship Fund recognizes and supports academic success for minority high school seniors and General Education (GED) students pursuing academic excellence at a 2 or 4 year college/university, vocational or trade school. Tuition assistance will be provided for the first year of college. Students, who are awarded scholarships, become a part of an elite group of BCM Scholars and are expected to maintain the highest levels of Christian character, citizenship, academic performance and professionalism.
The B. Courtney McBath Scholarship Fund reserves the right to process only those applications completed by the application postmarked deadline. Only applications submitted with all supporting documents in ONE packet and postmarked or emailed by July 8, 2020 will be considered. All applications become the property of the BCM Scholarship Fund and cannot be returned.
Carefully Review your completed application before it is submitted
Eligibility and Selection
B. Courtney McBath Scholarships are awarded to minority graduating High School seniors with a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. (out of a scale of 4.0) and a total family income under $75,000.
Students must plan to attend a 2 or 4 year college/university or technical/vocational institution full-time (12 hours or more); and be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Individuals must demonstrate career and academic potential measured by a number of factors, including past performances, career objectives and be involved with community through acts of volunteerism.
The number of recipients selected each year is based upon the pool of applicants and funding available. Scholarship recipients are selected according to merit on a competitive basis.
Award and Payment Term
The BCM Scholarship is a one-time award presented to selected students beginning their freshman year. Awards are paid as a one time installment directly to the higher education institution that the student will attend. Submission of an application does not guarantee an award and only scholarship finalists will be contacted.
2020 Scholarship Application Process
Checklist of Requirements
- Most recent official high school transcript.
- Submit a copy of the acceptance letter from the college and a letter from the college registrar confirming enrollment and listing first semester classes.
- Parent’s Income: Page one of most recent IRS Tax Form (if you are a dependent).
- Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid form. (The FAFSA is available from high school guidance offices, college financial aid offices, via the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov or by calling 1-800-433-3243).
- Two Letters of Reference (one from former teacher and another of your choosing).
- A 500-word essay describing an accomplishment or event. Discuss an accomplishment or event that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
- List of extracurricular activities (church, sports, clubs, organizations, volunteer, etc).
- List of employment history.
Deadline and Contact
For additional information, please contact Cheryl Wolfe at (757) 321-7703
Submit completed application packet to:
BCM Ministries 5755 Poplar Hall Drive Norfolk, VA 23502 Attention: Cheryl Wolfe or email: email@example.com
Must be postmarked or emailed by July 8, 2020.
Please Note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all portions of the application package are received on the premises or emailed by 5:00p.m. on date of the deadline (or postmarked no later than July 8, 2020.) All required items are submitted in one package or electronic package. It is strongly recommended that applicants make and keep a copy of entire package. Incomplete applications will not be processed.