For many, higher education is just simply out of reach. Galatians 6:2 reminds us that when we carry one another’s burdens we fulfill the law of Christ. The mission of Calvary Revival Church is and has been for decades a very simple but triumphant charge:
“To build an overcoming church out of broken lives through the power of Jesus Christ”. The $1,000,000 OVERCOMERS SCHOLARSHIP, will provide an opportunity for persons in a difficult place—within the Calvary Revival Church community AND members of the Hampton Roads community at-large—to OVERCOME by acquiring quality educational and vocational skills training necessary for employment, job security, and entry-level career positions. This scholarship is for that person who is looking to live comfortably, to support a household and in most instances merely survive in a modern world . Calvary Revival Church, through its partnership with Centura College, Aviation Institute of Maintenance, and Tidewater Tech, is committed to helping those in our community who demonstrate a desire for higher education to gain control over their futures and overcome their situation…one overcomer at a time.
- Each recipient will receive at least $5000.00 in scholarship awards.
- The scholarship will be awarded once on August 19, 2021 and once on January 20, 2022.
- Fall applications accepted July 1 – 31, 2021
- Spring applications accepted November 1 – 30, 2021
- Academic Requirements:
- High school Graduate
- Graduating High School Senior
- Application Requirements:
- GED Certificate
- High School Diploma or Transcript
- Must reside in Hampton Roads or Tidewater area
- Brief Essay
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: (i) school or religious and (ii) employer or unrelated associate
- The scholarship is limited to the following institutions: CenturaCollege,TidewaterTech,and Aviation Institute of Maintenance. The scholarship shall be applicable to all programs offered by the aforementioned institutions.
- All applications must be submitted to Calvary Revival Church, either online or at the 5833 Poplar Hall Drive Campus. For more information please contact the CRC Operations Department at 757-321-7720
*** (1) The student can’t take this scholarship as a cash stipend and take out loans to replace it, (2) the student must release their financial and academic information to CRC, and (3) the student should apply for additional scholarships if their program is 2-3 years long.***